Download Lean Library for Georgetown University
Med Campus Users: please visit Lean Library for Georgetown University Medical Center for specific instructions for GUMC users from the Dahlgren Memorial Library (DML).
Take the GU Lean Library Survey! Your feedback helps us evaluate whether to keep Lean Library and how to improve it in the future.
Download and Install
- Download the Lean Library extension for your browser (see right or below)
- Choose your institution:
- Georgetown University (for Main Campus users)
- Georgetown University Medical Center (for Medical Campus users)
- Unsure which campus to pick? Contact Electronic Resources & Serials
- Save your settings and start your research!
What is Lean Library?
Lean Library is a browser extension that works with Georgetown University Library systems for access when you are off campus.
- Lean Library displays a pop-up message if you are on a page the Library can give you access to, such as a subscribed journal, e-book owned by the Library, or Library database. Click the pop-up to provide automatic access through the Library's proxy server.
- Lean Library also searches for open access / free full-text alternatives, if available.
- If the Library can't provide access, Lean Library will provide an easy link to Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for article or book chapter ordering.
- Lean Library also inserts Georgetown University Library links automatically into Google Scholar or PubMed results.
Questions or Comments About Lean Library?
Find more information in the Library's Research Guides: